Six things are all I really need to put on a casual everyday face. I'm betting that's probably all you need too because isn't the object of wearing makeup to accentuate what you've got, not cover it up? With the exception of a lipstick or eyeshadow for special occasions, I'm getting rid of my makeup save for the products below. I use these (almost) every day (in addition to a daily moisturizer with SPF by Neutrogena) to accentuate my natural look and not clutter my bathroom.
1. Concealers are one of those things that I am always trying out. Currently I think I'm using a stick concealer by CoverGirl but I am looking to give the corrective concealers by Physician's Formula a go when that runs out.
2. I love the corrective pressed powder by Physician's Formula. I use translucent and it covers just right while feeling barely there. It also doesn't darken throughout the day like some other powders. The compact comes with a built in mirror and a cute little dusting brush. I'm kind of old school and add a cosmetic pad (like the ones in most compacts). It fits right on top of the powder perfectly.
3. Happy Boosting blush, also by Physician's Formula, has got to be one of the cutest things ever. It claims to contain ingredients that will actually improve your mood. I've yet to be able to perform a controlled study, but I'll let you know my results when I do. In the meantime, it also comes with a built in mirror and adorable little pink dusting brush. A little pricier than most blushes (mine was a free bonus for buying the powder) but the little love hearts alone make me smile - and I don't even like pink.
4. Physician's Formula eyeliner says it's going to make my eyelashes fuller and longer. I've only been using it (which also came with a free clear serum bonus for those non-liner days) for about a week now so we'll see if it works. Regardless of it's super lashes promise, I like how smoothly it goes on.
5. Organic Wear Mascara, also by Physician's Formula, is a decent mascara made from organic ingredients. I haven't notice anything negative about it and it extends my lashes nicely in an average sort of way. I'm always on the lookout for great mascaras and might try Physician's Formula's Plump Potion next time around.
6. I've always been more of a lip balm kind of girl and I am completely in love with this one from Neutrogena. It's slightly tinted and smells like honeydew melon. It costs a little more than my usual tinted pomegranate balm from Burt's Bees, but it also promises to smooth and soften my lips to make them look younger (or something like that). The scent alone is worth another buck or two and it feels super soft.
Feel free to leave a comment and let us know what's in your makeup bag. Which products can't you live without and which do you need to purge in order to simplify?
Little Tip: Instead of buying really expensive perfumes that will just help you smell like everyone else, create your signature aroma by layering less pricey scents. I like anything vanilla mixed with something sweet and floral. Got a great scent combo? Use the comments below to let us know.