Pasta Snowflakes Christmas Food Craft
What you'll need:
Several kinds of dry pasta (wagon wheels, corkscrew, mostaccioli, spaghetti, elbow macaroni, bow ties, shell macaroni, ditali)
Ribbon or dental floss
To make Pasta Snowflakes:
- Trace around the bottom of a coffee can to make a circle on paper.
- Use a ruler to make lines across the circle, so that it looks like a pie cut into 8 pieces. This will be your pattern.
- Put a piece of waxed paper over the pattern, and lay pieces of pasta on top of the waxed paper so that they are all touching. Use the circle and lines you drew to help keep the pattern symmetrical.
- When you have a design you like, use a toothpick to dab glue between the pasta.
- After the pasta is glued together, slide the waxed paper to one side and let the glue dry while you make more snowflakes.
- When the glue is dry, remove the waxed paper and have an adult help you spray paint the ornaments.